2011年3月20日星期日

Chapter 8: APPALACHIA AND THE OZARKS

      In this chapter, once again, has nothing to do with my city. Therefore, I will introduce topography of Oakland.
      
      Oakland is a coast city but it also has many hills. Oaklanders most broadly refer to their city's terrain as "the flatlands" and "the hills", which until recent waves of gentrification have also been a reference to Oakland's deep economic divide, with "the hills" being more affluent communities. About two-thirds of Oakland lies in the flat plain of the East Bay, with one-third rising into the foothills and hills of the East Bay range.
     
      One thing that I have to mention is my hometown city back in China is the sister city of Oakland. It is also a coast city. One side face to the sea and other sides covers by the mountains. Very similar to Oakland. Here is the picture of my city. If you want to come and visit, please contact me.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland,_California#Geography

没有评论:

发表评论