2011年5月8日星期日

Chapter 13: The Empty Interior

     In this chapter, it mentioned mormon temple in salt lake city. Therefore, I will introduce the mormon temple in Oakland which is a very beautiful place to visit.
     After 2 months I came to US, Mormon missionary talked to me and invited me to attend Church on every Sunday. This is the first time I could have a relationship with Christian. Also, I am very curious about a religion other than Buddhism because most Chinese believe in Buddhism. When I came to the temple, I found that it is so beautiful, so I want to share with you guys. Here is the information.
Location:  4770 Lincoln Avenue, Oakland, California, United States.
Phone Number:  510-531-3200.
Site:  18.3 acres.
Exterior Finish:  Reinforced concrete faced with Sierra white granite from Raymond, California.
Temple Design:  Modern, five-spire design with Oriental motif.
Number of Rooms:  Four ordinance rooms and seven sealing.
Total Floor Area:  95,000 square feet.
It is the only temple built with a modern five-spire design and exhibits an Oriental motif. Its architect was Harold W. Burton. Commanding a sweeping view of the San Francisco Bay Area, the 170-foot Oakland California Temple is a highly recognized East Bay landmark. The magnificent grounds are distinguished by a creek-style water feature running from fountain to fountain toward the temple entrance—lined with colorful gardens and towering palm trees. It is place you must visit when you come to Northern California.

Source: http://www.ldschurchtemples.com/oakland/
             http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oakland_California_Temple

没有评论:

发表评论